The organization has been Iceland’s largest transportation company. It operates 50 vessels, 2,000 trucks and trailers and approximately 180 cold stores. It has an extensive branch network, with a total of 200 operational bases in 30 countries, employing approximately 14,500 people. Annual turnover exceeds EUR 1.450 billion
Perform a black box application security assessment. Perform vulnerability assessment and penetration testing on the perimeter network components.,
Identify key vulnerabilities, which could compromise security of the record-keeping agency, web application. Recommend security measures to mitigate security risks
Problems and Challenges:
- Restricting infrastructure elements slowed down the automated testing activity.
- Testing had to be conducted in a specific time window.
- Black box security assessment using automated testing tools and manual verification
- Vulnerability assessment and penetration testing of the network components using automated tools followed by manual verification of the tool output.
- Use of best-of-breed tools and Entrans knowledge base for security risk profiling
- Dedicated panel of security experts for less turnaround time
- Identification of key vulnerabilities, which can pose serious security risks to the application.
- Significant reduction in the probability of information leakage through data sniffing.
- Control over unauthorized data access by an attacker or malicious user, Phishing attacks, source code disclosures.